Horizon 2020: PROTECT
Protect aims to present to the market a product of fast use, reproducible and biocompatible with antimicrobial and anti-biofilm properties. A Nano-coating of 2D and 3D surfaces applied to products, as:
- Upholstery fabrics for public areas
- Medical fabrics
- Medical devices
- Membranes for water treatment
So, PROTECT will build a versatile platform of three pre-commercial antimicrobial lines to present coating biocompatible solutions for each end user application area, which are well represented in the consortium activated within the experimental program.
Large-scale use will be experienced by the project’s partner companies in industrial environments that are relevant for improving efficiency, production capacity, reproducibility, robustness, economy, safety and the sustainability of coating processes covered by the research.
Centro Diagnostico Baronia srl in this project participates actively to the Consortium Protect activities receiving from the partner test part of filter element (cartridge + membrane) and activating within its laboratories the design phase next of the same. The internal equip will select the membrane materials to produce the filtering element to experiment in the next phase on the new membrane treated rolls. The first phase of testing finishes with the sending these membranes to other Consortium partner to submit the same to subsequent ultrasonic treatments. As a natural test the same cartridges will be in the closing phase subjected to the technical tests to acquire all the possible variation in the analysis of the results for any technical optimization of the design.
National and International Partners
Centro Diagnostico Baronia Srl partners
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – the Coordinator
- Bar Ilan University
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
- Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
- CENTITVC – Centro de Nanotecnologia e Materiais Técnicos Funcionais e Inteligentes Associação
- University of Limerick
- Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas
- Klopman International S.r.l.
- Tessitura Pertile S.r.l.
- Maroco, Lda.
- Degania Silicone Ltd.
- Centro Diagnostico Baronia S.r.l., In Sigla “C.D.B. S.r.l.”
- Cedrat Technologies S.A.
- Fonte Nuova S.r.l.
- Steinbeis GmbH & Co. KG Fuer Technologietransfer
- INDATECH S.A.S.
- SYNTHAUR OOO (Ltd.)
- Asociación de Investigación de la Industria Textil AITEX
- Project SAS di Massimo Perucca
- NSC Nano Sono Cooperation
- OSM-DAN Ltd.